What is Money Coaching?
Before I explain what money coaching is, let me start by stating what it is not. I have been a financial advisor for nearly twenty years, and I can tell you for sure that money coaching is not financial planning! In fact, many money coaches have no financial background at all. I have written more financial plans, created more investment policy statements and given more tax and financial advice than I care to count. But the truth is most people will never realize the very plans they pay for. Why? Because if they don’t change their negative internal, hard-wired patterns around money, the greatest planning in the world will not result in success.
Money coaching is a rapidly growing field in which we help people become more aware of their behaviors and patterns around money. Like a holistic medical practitioner, we focus on the core issues – not the symptoms. Why are you overspending? Why do you feel guilt? Why are you anxious? Why do you ignore money all together? As I stated above, the solution isn’t a better budget, a better investment strategy or a better retirement plan.
Through a step-by-step process, Money Coaching will guide you to a deeper understanding of your unconscious beliefs and patterns that create stress, anxiety and fear and prevent you from having the life you desire. You will benefit from the following:
- Assess your “money type” and understand the impact it has on your life and your relationship with money.
- Learn to understand how your “money type” was formed and what you can do to change it.
- Rid yourself of money anxiety based on false beliefs and unconscious patterns.
- Change how you think and feel about money, so that you can unblock the flow of money into your life.
- Discover how money affects your relationships, both at home, work, and play.
- Develop peace of mind through creating a balanced life – financially, emotionally and spiritually.
To discover your own money type, take the online Money Type Quiz here.
To learn more about Money Coaching, you can watch this video of a presentation I gave to the Westport, CT chapter of the National Association of Divorce Professionals:
Or please feel free to contact me for a free, 20 minute consultation.